Archive for the ‘Joinery DIY’ Category
Top 6 Tools You Need To Get Your Woodworking Shop Started
It took one time working with lumber and wood stock and I was hooked. From then on I loved to eat, sleep, and talk about woodworking to everyone. And within a short period, I built my first shop and grabbed my tools and organized them. That was my “mancave.”
It normally doesn’t take long for someone that is going to have an interest in woodworking to grow hungry to setup his or her own shop or “allotted space” so they can satisfy their craving for building projects with wood. Especially if they can afford it, (and sometimes even if not), even the novice woodworker will start to check out the tools of this awesome hobby and skillset.
The issue that most will run into is the cost, especially if you want to fill a shop to the brim with a vast array of tools. This can be very pricey. So you have to start slow, and add as you go. But there are 6 indispensable tools that are needed when you begin.
The table saw is essential to any woodworker’s arsenal of tools. Even if it is a bench top table saw, that’s fine. You have to have one. When you start ripping lumber over and over, doing so with only a circular saw, or what is more commonly known as a “skill saw” just won’t cut it.
A table saw is more accurate and more powerful than a circular saw. Due to this your cuts will be straight and your arms won’t be so tired from the circular saw and straight jig that you would constantly be setting up. And don’t forget the time factor. Table saws cut much, much faster than any circular saw.
Carpentry and Joinery Essex
By Warton Woodworks
Introduction to carpentry and joinery Essex Blog
Warton Woodworks carry out a variety of carpentry and joinery Essex projects. We are also involves in building services such as extensions and renovations. We are usually seen around our local area’s such as Brentwood and Basildon. You may see us driving around your local area. Below is our carpentry and joinery Essex van.
What carpentry and joinery services do we offer?
Warton Woodworks has a highly experienced team of tradesman. Below are some of the typical jobs carried out on a daily basis.
- Loft conversions Essex.
- Extensions Essex.
- Carpentry and Joinery Essex.
- Kitchen fitting Essex.
- Garden decking Essex.
- Loft hatch installation Essex.
- Interior door installation Essex.
- Window installation Essex.
- Loft flooring Essex.
- Skirting board installation Essex.
- Wooden flooring Essex.
- Bespoke furniture Essex.
- Custom made wardrobe Essex.
- Storage solutions Essex.
- Garden gates Essex.
How you can interact with us:
You are welcome to communicate with us directly. Or maybe you would like to comment on our social media. You can also add us to Facebook, Twitter and Google plus. Below are all the different methods of how you can interact with us.
- Contact us via this website. You can use the contact form or call us directly.
- Contact us via our Facebook page. The link to this page is at the bottom of our website.
- Contact us via our Twitter page. The link to this page is at the bottom of our website.
- Contact us via our Google plus page. The link to this page is at the bottom of our website.
- Contact us via our Linked in page. The link to this page is at the bottom of our website.
- Our online community, Carpentry and Joinery Projects Worldwide on Google plus.
Joinery Blog Essex and London
By Warton Woodworks
We have created this joinery blog to share our wood working achievements. We will be updating this blog with joinery projects and how to guides. Our tradesmen have years of experience in joinery. All have been trained via an apprenticeship scheme to NVQ level 3.
Types of work this joinery blog covers
- Projects which involve the use of butt joints.
- Projects which involve the use of mitered butt joints.
- Projects which involve the use of half lap joints.
- Projects which involve the use of tongue and groove joints.
- Projects which involve the use of mortice and tenon joints.
- Projects which involve the use of through dovetail joints.