What are Velux Cabrio Balcony Windows
A Velux balcony roof window is also know as a Velux Cabrio. They can transform an ordinary roof window into a balcony in seconds. Velux balcony roof windows work by opening the top hung window, once the bottom vertical window is opened it allows access to the balcony. When closed these unique windows allow a lot of daylight to flood any room.
They are purchased as whole units and come with a safety railing. Being a very nice feature to any house, they are becoming increasingly popular.
Advantages of Velux Cabrio Balcony Windows
- Is a cost effective way of installing a balcony.
- The large window area floor your space with day light.
- Can add value to your home due to the extra wow factor.
- Top hung section rotates 180 degrees and locks in place for easy cleaning of the outer pane.
- Usually these windows come with an easy-to-clean coating on the toughened outer pane, which helps keep the glazing cleaner for longer.
Disadvantages of Velux Cabrio Balcony Windows
- Costs more than a standard Velux window.
- Requires more skill to install than a standard Velux window.
Requirements for Velux Balcony Windows
- Only suitable for roof pitches between 35-53 degrees.